Re: Can resizing datafiles affect the shared pool?

From: Balakrishna Y <krishna000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:02:58 +0530

Hi,

Resiging datafiles will never causes cursor invalidation.

SQL> select count(1) from t where id=1;

  COUNT(1)

         1

SQL> select substr(sql_text,1,30),child_number,invalidations from v$sql where sql_text like 'select count(1) from t where id= 1%';

SUBSTR(SQL_TEXT,1,30) CHILD_NUMBER INVALIDATIONS

------------------------------ ------------ -------------
select count(1) from t where i            0             0

SQL> select name from v$datafile;

NAME

C:\ORACLE_DATABASE\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF
C:\ORACLE_DATABASE\ORCL\UNDOTBS01.DBF
C:\ORACLE_DATABASE\ORCL\SYSAUX01.DBF
C:\ORACLE_DATABASE\ORCL\USERS01.DBF

SQL> alter database datafile 'C:\ORACLE_DATABASE\ORCL\USERS01.DBF' resize 120m;

Database altered.

SQL> select substr(sql_text,1,30),child_number,invalidations from v$sql where sql_text like 'select count(1) from t where id= 1%';

SUBSTR(SQL_TEXT,1,30) CHILD_NUMBER INVALIDATIONS

select count(1) from t where i            0             0

SQL> Requesting to please try in your test environment and prove yourself with your questions and you will definitely have answer for that .

Regards

Bala