RE: IMPDP and REMAP_TABLESPACE

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:51:16 -0600

Can say for sure but you have to remap each tablespace.

Something like:

Remap_tablespace=users:tablespace_1,users2:tablespace_2,users3:tablespac e_1,users4:tablespace_2

Each pair in the list the remap. I don't believe you can remap one tablespace into many...which is sort of looks like you are trying to.

Hth,

-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of chet justice Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:46 AM To: oracle-l
Subject: IMPDP and REMAP_TABLESPACE

Database: 10.2.0.3
DP: 10.2.0.1

I've received a datapump export of our production database (objects only) so that I can test my migration script.

On first go, none of the tables were created because the requisite tablespaces did not exist in my sandbox.

Via the docs, I found the REMAP_TABLESPACE <http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_impor t.htm#sthref342> parameter which seemed to suit my needs.

The command line looked like this:

c:\temp>impdb cjustice/testing_at_testing dumpfile=prod.dmp remap_tablespace=USERS:TABLESPACE_1,USERS_TABLESPACE_2,etc.

I received the following error:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0
- Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39046: Metadata remap REMAP_TABLESPACE has already been specified.

I also tried with semi-colons (;) and spaces as delimiters between the multiple tablespaces, each time receiving the error above.

Would someone tell me how to use this particular piece of functionality or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

chet

--

chet justice