How to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using Microsoft Virtual PC

From: John Smith <john40855_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:47:30 -0500

Has anyone managed to install OEL in Microsoft VIrtual PC 2007? When I try it, I have a problem with the video that makes the screen impossible to read. I set it up in text mode, but then the mouse didnt work at all.

It looked like the problem was that OEL wanted to use 24 bit color, and Virtual PC wants to use 16, but I couldnt figure out how to set the command line for startup of virtual PC in 16 bit color. The documentation seems to be lacking on setting the options. It looks like there should be some way to set the color depth on boot, but I couldnt figure it out. Any ideas?