Re: How to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare?

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:08:39 -0500

I've done quite a bit of this and it definitely is possible and not too hard using the params D'Hooge pointed out. One thing that I've seen trip a lot of people up is if the drives don't have the same device names across the cluster. You'd want to make absolutely sure that the storage configurations in the two VMX files (including bus location - i.e. SCSI 1:1) are exactly the same. I usually just clone the first VM to make sure that they match. (See Lab 2 in the RAC Attack handbook at http://ardentperf.com/pub/schneider-RAC11g-lab.pdf )

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL