RE: How to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:52:27 +0200

When I did some testing with rac and vmware workstation, I had to add the following lines to my vmx file:

disk.locking = "FALSE"

diskLib.dataCacheMaxSize = "0"
diskLib.dataCacheMaxReadAheadSize = "0"
diskLib.dataCacheMinReadAheadSize = "0"
diskLib.dataCachePageSize = "4096"
diskLib.maxUnsyncedWrites = "0"

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Syed Sabdar Hussain [sabdar.ocdba_at_gmail.com] Sent: 16 September 2009 20:01
To: Oracle List; ora-apps-dba-request_at_freelists.org; oracle-l-admins_at_freelists.org Subject: How to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare?

Hello,

I'm trying to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare. But getting the following error.

“the location /dev/sdb1, entered for the oracle cluster registry (ocr) is not shared across all the nodes in the cluster….”.

I checked the ownership and permissions are correct. And also zeroed the /dev/sdb1.

If you know any solution, or any reference for installing Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SYED.