Re: Extract SQL statements from Database/File

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:46:56 +1200

Hi Raj,

How about hitting this problem from a different direction.

Obviously with such a change, i.e. the whole lot's been re-written you be doing a lot of testing, or at least the application developers will be.

Why not sit with the developers and identify critical tasks. Then take a snap shot of the sql just before and after each task. You can then analyse the sql that ran.

I have some simple scripts that I use to do this..

snap_start: creates 2 tables, one as select from gv$sql, the other gv$system_event

then snap_end creates 2 more tables like above

and finally snap_diff that compares the tables.

If this approach would be useful for you I can send you the snap_*.sql scripts.

Cheers
Tony