From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:39:32 -0400

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck using PL/SQL or UTL_FILE directly. There may a chance you could implement a JAVA stored procedure and do the permissions change in JAVA?

I'm not at all a JAVA guy, so, that's a guess. I've seen examples of using JAVA for other file system manipulation that PL/SQL is not capable of. For example, AskTom has a case of walking a directory and getting a list of files, that was implemented in JAVA. Not sure if it will work for file permission change, but it may be worth investigating.

Hope that helps,

From: [] On Behalf Of Kenneth Naim Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:35 PM To:
Subject: UTL FILE

I write some finance interface files using utl_file from 1 10r2 database running on windows server onto another windows server using the UNC name and it works fine. Our internal audit would like us to make the file read only. I have googled but haven't been able to find a way of changing a file's attribute using utl_file or PL/SQL. Anyone know how to accomplish this feat?