RE: Extract SQL statements from Database/File

From: Rajesh Rao <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:53:36 -0400

The objective is to generate explain plans against all of the statements in a performance environment before deployment in Production. This is, in case, the current performance test cases never execute certain SQL statements. I understand that this would not be foolproof and explain plans might still differ from actual execution plans.

The problem with PL/SQL profiler is the same as I stated in the earlier email. There would be a need to execute the packages and it is possible that the execution might not execute some SQL statements due to the conditional flows, unless the data is conditioned appropriately for each and every possible test case. This is for a critical application that is being re-architected and it's a complete rewrite. Hence the need to cover all bases.

Regards
Raj