Re: Serving video from Oracle DB question

From: chet justice <chet.justice_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:41:26 -0400

Michael,

First thing that comes to mind is Enterprise Content Management, aka ECM<http://www.oracle.com/us/products/middleware/content-management/index.htm>. Just doing a quick search there, they have the Digital Asset Management<http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/content-management/digital-asset-management.html>(plugin/module?) which should handle video.

I haven't used it all, I'm just aware of it. I attended a presentation at COLLABORATE by Billy Cripe <http://blogs.oracle.com/fusionecm/> who is an ECM evangelist.

Hopefully this gets you started. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to Billy if you are interested. If not ECM, he would definitely help get you going in the right direction as he lives, eats and breathes this Content stuff.

chet

--
chet justice
www.oraclenerd.com