RE: Oracle to SQL Server

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:29:58 -0500

About 3 years ago (4 now maybe?) I had HSODBC working on Linux to Windows SqlServer.

If I remember correctly I used UnixODBC (but not positive). Might have used FreeTDS as well but its been a while.

CAVEAT: IF you are using 9i, then you have to use a 10g (or newer) listener as the listener controls/interfaces with the HSODBC connectivity - the 9i HSODBC is a no-go on RHEL. Once you have the 10g listener, and HSODBC setup, the connectivity works but it does take some time to get familiar with it and set it up and then tweak it.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian [Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org] Sent: 09 September 2009 20:05
To: 'Igor Neyman'
Cc: Oracle L

Has anyone been successful at going from unix to windows doing this?

ciao,
Brian

From: Igor Neyman [mailto:igor.neyman_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:18 PM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Oracle L

Brian,

Take a look at Heterogeneous Services in Oracle docs.

Igor

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org> wrote:

Hello all,

   A manager just asked me to make a connection from oracle to sql server and wants a view created from sql server data. I've gone the other way but never from oracle to sql server. I did a quick google and some things didn't seem clear. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 09 2009 - 13:29:58 CDT

Original text of this message