RE: Oracle to SQL Server

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:19:27 +0200

Not to sql server but we did a setup to postgresql for a client 2 weeks ago. Have a look at metalink note 245549.1 - How to setup Generic Connectivity - HSODBC - on SUN Solaris

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian [Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org] Sent: 09 September 2009 20:05
To: 'Igor Neyman'
Cc: Oracle L
Subject: RE: Oracle to SQL Server

Has anyone been successful at going from unix to windows doing this?

ciao,
Brian

From: Igor Neyman [mailto:igor.neyman_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:18 PM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Oracle L

Brian,

Take a look at Heterogeneous Services in Oracle docs.

Igor

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org> wrote:

Hello all,

   A manager just asked me to make a connection from oracle to sql server and wants a view created from sql server data. I've gone the other way but never from oracle to sql server. I did a quick google and some things didn't seem clear. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.