RE: connection manager (CMAN)

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:57:37 -0400

Joe,

    I believe so if you register the database with CMAN via the remote_listener parameter.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joe Smith Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:15 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: connection manager (CMAN)

Is it possible to connect to an instance without using the LISTENER?

We use CMAN to filter connections with the rules ( access control ) then route through the LISTENER to connect.

Can we do away with the LISTENER? We are not nor are we going to use MTS or Shared Servers ( session multiplexing ).

This is Solaris 10 and Oracle 10gRel2.

thanks.

Hotmail(r) is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.
<http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en -US:WM_HYGN_faster:082009>