RE: connection manager (CMAN)

From: Goulet, Richard <>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:57:37 -0400

    I believe so if you register the database with CMAN via the remote_listener parameter.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

[] On Behalf Of Joe Smith Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:15 PM To:
Subject: connection manager (CMAN)

Is it possible to connect to an instance without using the LISTENER?

We use CMAN to filter connections with the rules ( access control ) then route through the LISTENER to connect.

Can we do away with the LISTENER? We are not nor are we going to use MTS or Shared Servers ( session multiplexing ).

This is Solaris 10 and Oracle 10gRel2.

Hotmail(r) is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.
< -US:WM_HYGN_faster:082009>