Re: RAMSAN Experience

From: Greg Rahn <>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 05:44:47 -0700

Out of curiosity, how large is your DW and what is workload today? Do you use parallel query?

I ask because SSD is not really that beneficial for a DW, especially when it comes to price/performance over spinning rust (HDDs). SSD is (mostly) about IOPS, not MB/s throughput which is where most DW are sized inadequately.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Rob Dempsey<> wrote:
> I have been asked to consider a RANSAN for our Oracle DW database.
> I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the technology? Pros and the
> Cons.

Greg Rahn