Re: RAMSAN Experience

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 05:44:47 -0700

Out of curiosity, how large is your DW and what is workload today? Do you use parallel query?

I ask because SSD is not really that beneficial for a DW, especially when it comes to price/performance over spinning rust (HDDs). SSD is (mostly) about IOPS, not MB/s throughput which is where most DW are sized inadequately.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn