Re: CPU Usage in running process on HP-UX 11.31

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:09:41 +0800

You need to do stack profiling on your dispatcher process for understanding in which Oracle functions most of time is spent. Then you can send the top stacks to Oracle support and they can search their internal knowledge bases based on that.

You can use pstack for getting a bunch of stack traces and aggregate them with an awk script or use HP's Caliper tool for doing the call graph aggregation for you.

This all is of course if you have narrowed the issue down to dispatcher (and dispatcher only), otherwise regular Oracle troubleshooting techniques should be used first.

Tanel.