Re: share a new 11gR2 feature

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:31:18 -0500

This bullet is kind of interesting. I think it says that if you use asm for the ocr, then you can lose the whole cluster if one node (the master node) fails:

If Oracle ASM fails, then OCR is not accessible on the node on which Oracle ASM failed, but the cluster remains operational. The entire cluster only fails if the Oracle ASM instance on the OCR master node fails, if the majority of the OCR locations are in Oracle ASM, and if there is an OCR read or write access, then the crsd stops and the node becomes inoperative.

Andrew W. Kerber