Re: Block db access by IP and username

From: vamshi krishna <vamshireddy_1_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 04:15:58 +0530 (IST)

use this option its very efficient.

TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES
Purpose

Use the parameter TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES to specify which clients are denied access to the database. Syntax

TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES=(hostname | ip_address, hostname | ip_address, ...)

Example

TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES=(finance.us.acme.com, mktg.us.acme.com, 144.25.5.25)

TCP.INVITED_NODES
Purpose

Use the parameter TCP.INVITED_NODES to specify which clients are allowed access to the database. This list takes precedence over the TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES parameter if both lists are present. Syntax

TCP.INVITED_NODES=(hostname | ip_address, hostname | ip_address, ...)

Example

TCP.INVITED_NODES=(sales.us.acme.com, hr.us.acme.com, 144.185.5.73)

TCP.VALIDNODE_CHECKING

From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com> To: gabriel.aragon_at_ge.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 1:00:53 PM Subject: RE: Block db access by IP and username

"I was thinking about using an after logon trigger to detect username and IP and kill session if it doest fit with required values, but I think this is a little bit rude."

No it
isn't.

Dick
Goulet