RE: Renaming schemas directly

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:02:45 -0400

Bambi,

    One can use your method if you like, but don't tell OTS about it. They have a habit of starting to have a good laugh as they tell you to export and rebuild the database. Messing around in the lower levels of the data dictionary is something that should be done at the direction of OTS only and then with extreme care. OH and yes only after a full cold backup.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International