Grid Control Metrics Report

From: Thomas Roach <>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:54:57 -0400

I want to identify what alerts Oracle Grid Control is polling for. (I'll query notification rules later).

I am trying to find a SQL statement to run against my GC repository. I found a table that "almost" gives me what I need (it actually gives me the column I need but it is null).

The query is as follows.

FROM sysman.mgmt$metric_collection
ORDER BY target_name, target_type, metric_name;

The one field that throws me off is interval (polling frequency). Everything seems to be null, yet when I go into GC, I see that these are set to run anywhere from every 5 minutes to every 24 hours. It has to be set somewhere, but where? If I can find the table and then do a join, it will give me what I need.