Re: Best practice for Dataguard in 10g?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:03:01 +1000

Jack van Zanen wrote,on my timestamp of 31/08/2009 1:55 PM:

> we are running quite happily with arch log shipping. Can not comment on
> lgwr shipping as I have not tried that yet.
>
> but ....
>
> I don't work with Data Warehouses very much but don't they have a lot on
> non logged operations normally? Dataguard does not like these.
>
> enabling logging may be a performance hit.
>
> just some extra thoughts

Thanks Jack. Already on the extra logging (for other reasons) and the system copes quite well, so it is not a concern. Sending all that extra data via network connection is, though. Hence the question. More concerned with best way to proceed than actually if it can be done: I know it can. Just need to decide if I should proceed with LGWR "a-la" 11g or go with ARCH "a-la" 10g.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto