Re: Do APEX-installed packages include business logic?

From: Bill Ferguson <>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:39:23 -0600

You "might" encounter some business rule problems if you use the wizards to generate the data entry screens for you. They will check to ensure that PK/FK relationships exist, so you can't add a child until the parent exists. Most, if not all of the 'business rule' checking within Apex is what the database itself would, with or without Apex.

I think this one of the few areas where you might have any problems, though to me it really isn't a problem. If your team develops all of the data entry screens manually (instead of using the wizards), then chances are that you will never have a problem with Apex.