Re: Do APEX-installed packages include business logic?

From: chet justice <>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:28:16 -0400

You should not have to go through that much trouble (yikes) with APEX.

For each application, there is a report that allows you to compute all the database object dependencies. That report allows you to easily identify where a certain package call.

I have no experience with Designer, so I can't really compare...APEX is PL/SQL based. Errors thrown at the application level (if not caught by a developer's WHEN OTHERS) will bubble to the interface (web page).

I've typically used APEX as a presentation layer only, in other words, calling existing procedures/functions. You can however create things like multi-record table INSERTs using the tool (it was originally marketing as a Microsoft Access killer), but I've found that it's pretty easy to dig through. The "application" is just a SQL file that can be (if necessary) run from SQL*Plus, though it's typically loaded through the interface.

It's a very powerful and robust tool.

Hope this helps.

chet justice