Re: Hash Table Infrastructure ran out of memory

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

As Greg said, the way to solve this problem is to use the provided workarounds, or work with Oracle support. In case you want to "dig into issue", Bug 7607581 has some interesting words in it:

"We are out of [hash area] slots

 /* if partition can't fit in memory, build disk based HD */

So really we should wspill to disk and not run out of slots

It looks like the PGA has been limited manually"

And the event 32699 is for a more curious mind.

Yong Huang