RE: Question about patch levels

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:26:18 -0500

Yes its Windows.

When you say "We generally use only one database per windows server.", you mean one database software installation AND 1 instance? Or multiple instances?

We've got several db instances on most of our windows servers and they run smoothly (minus the occassional Oracle bug!)

Regarding why we would have multiple 10.2.0.4 homes is that it is easier to rollback a patch if necessary. Basically I repoint the Oracle services back to the old Oracle home, and clean up the database components and we're back to the previous version.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.