Re: (not) dropping indexes with PK constraints in 10g

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:23:06 +0200

Hi Yong Huang,

> You may want to check just the 13th bit instead of the whole number 4097,

thank you for pointing this out. As always, you share something, you learn something on this list.

>Alternatively, user_objects.generated column probably can also give you
>the answer, although that column is not always reliable. It comes from

I've tested this one, but it doesn't give you the same information as ind$.property. Just as you say, it is only about a (constraint) name being system generated or not. It is not filled in when you generate a constraint with a user-defined name and an implicit index, e.g.

... ADD CONSTRAINT pk_xyz ... USING INDEX;

Best regards,
Uwe