Re: Tools - Oracle Spatial - Show maps

From: Bill Ferguson <>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 07:50:29 -0600

I'm on and I'm not sure of the version differences, but it isn't to difficult to write a PL/SQL routine to output a KML file for Google Earth (GE).

That's what I do for my Apex app, along with allowing the users to draw polygons in GE and import those back into the database.

I 'think' in 11 there are also some built-in routines for native KML (I know there is for GML), so those may even be easier to use once your database is upgraded. But, I think the manual approach I took would work on 10g.