Streams Propagation Errors

From: mkb <>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle on RHAS 4u7

We're trying to setup a streams environment between two sites. The network between the sites is not the best. When I start up the propagation process, it dies within a couple of minutes i.e. it dies after 16 attempts. I'm able to tnsping between the sites and don't seem to have issues with that. Our local streams setup works. I don't have any control over the network.

Just wondering if there are any settings within streams I can set before I open a TAR with Oracle. I'm convinced it's a network problem, but my manager wants me to rule out streams before we pursue the network side.