Re: Function based index with <>

From: Adric Norris <>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:40:17 -0500

One more (untested) possibility would be to list partition the table, in order to segregate out all of the 'Y' values. This *should* allow the optimizer to employ partition pruning, and simply exclude the undesirable subset of data.

In practice, I suspect that your case would require that row migration be enabled as well. This would certainly add a bit of overhead, which may or may not be noticeable to the users.

"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.