Re: OID and tnsnames.ora

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:51:43 -0500 (CDT)

> http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/chan-oid.html

Nice article!

I'd also recommend you take a gander at what a *manual* installation may entail. Search for "oid names migration" at http://wiki.oracle.com Hopefully, you'll see that OID requires several options to be installed and configured.

It's no small task. I haven't worked in a large Oracle shop, but this was probably the most difficult Oracle install and configuration I've done. And that's including a physical two-node RAC.

GL and enjoy!
Rich