Re: How to obtain session-specific memory dumps?

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:17:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Niall,

> If you can enable trace then they'll be in the 10046. As for dumping
> the uga I *think* there's an event for that, I'll look it up when I
> get back. If not I expect Tanel Poder has something on his site.

The issue at hand is that the identifying SQL would have been run potentially hours in the past, so a 10046 trace wouldn't help.

After an off-list conversation and experimentation, I'm going to be relegated to using Log Miner. I believe that the data I'm after is just too transient to reliably capture in the UGA, PGA, SGA, or any other TLA.

Thanks much!