RMAN - Removing 'non-existant' archived logs

From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:30:37 +1000

(Version 11.1)

I'm just in the process of setting up rman for a machine.

Somehow I have a situation where when I do a "crosscheck archivelog all" I get told about a whole bunch of failures for non-existant log files - e.g.

validation failed for archived log
archived log file name=/database1/oracle-archive/arch. 0676670550.0001.0000000503.dbf RECID=678 STAMP=692965495

What do I do to clean up these messages without deleting genuine log files?

Thanks,

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.