Re: OT: tomcat port problem

From: Sylvester, Peter A. <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:46:26 -0400

Mike,

Regarding your issue with Tomcat and mod_jk...

I had used mod_jk in the past for rehosting tomcat applications on different ports using apache but it seems that newer versions of the mod_jk stuff are rather buggy and unstable. If you are running a recent version of Apache you will find that the Apache Proxy capability does the same thing as mod_jk but without the need to link in tomcat specific code and is very reliable. Its also documented much better. You might need to rebuild your Apache with the right options to activate the Proxy support (--enable-proxy).

A good how-to is available here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/proxy-howto.html

Note:
For my app I did not bother with the tomcat connector stuff, just remapped port 8080.

--Peter

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 17 2009 - 13:46:26 CDT

Original text of this message