Re: oracle-l Digest V6 #242

From: Taral Desai <taral.desai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:47:25 -0500

Well, both parameters are different and have different usage.

db_writer_processes will let you know how much db writer process are used for your I/O.

filesystemio_options let you know you want to use async I/O or serial. If it's et for async and that is not supported by OS then oracle will probably make serial or initiate small process for I/O to simulate async effect.

--

Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai