RE: Where do i start for troubleshooting this issue

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:15:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Richard

I tried the ping and when the hang was going in tnsping the ping results were normal.
regards
Hrishy

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com> Subject: RE: Where do i start for troubleshooting this issue To: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu, "hrishy" <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk> Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 2:36 PM

Take a look at what does and doesn't work.  First off, can you ping the host in a reasonable amount of time?  If not then a traceroute between the two machines may lead to the problem.  Once had a server that sent out a it's traffic for a certain host to the internet.  Bad routing table was what it turned out to be.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International