Oracle DB Patch Testing Methodology Question

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:53:05 -0500

Hey guys, I need to patch our db's to the latest 10.2.0.4.x patch and we're currently on 10.2.0.3.x (where x=CPU patch).

I'm curious how much "testing" time people build in when doing a patch? (versus a version upgrade)

I'm thinking that a patch update probably doesn't require as much testing, but I'm not sure if I might be mistaken.

Thoughts?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.