Watching the GC Watchmen

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:57:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

In GC I've had a notification failure that went unnoticed. For some unknown reason, the SYSMAN AQ tables were not being completely flushed.  The result was that sometimes I got notifications from Grid Control and sometimes I didn't. So, I need to write yet another monitoring tool to make sure the monitoring tool works.

I have one to check GC jobs, one to check OMS/Agent/Everything logs, and now one to check the notification queue (which I may combine with one of the former).

Which begs the question: what do *you* have to look after in your GC installation?