Switch off 10g/11g auditing completely - adump fills up

From: Martin Klier <Martin.Klier_at_klug-is.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:03:46 +0200

Dear list,

regardless of AUDIT_TRAIL and AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS both switched off, the 10g and especially the 11g databases are creating lots of .aud files in adump directory. Oracle-l thread
http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Oracle-102-auditing,3 describes that as well.

But how can I switch it off completely? I simply don't need it, and want to avoid a periodic cleanup job or setting the dump directory to /dev/null. :)

Thanks in advance, and best regards
--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Martin Klier
Senior Oracle Database Administrator

Klug GmbH integrierte Systeme
Lindenweg 13, D-92552 Teunz
Tel.: +49 9671/9216-245
Fax.: +49 9671/9216-112
mailto: martin.klier_at_klug-is.de
www.klug-is.de

Geschäftsführer: Johann Klug, Roman Sorgenfrei Sitz der Gesellschaft: Teunz, USt-ID-Nr. DE175481608, HRB Nr. 2037, Amtsgericht Amberg

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 12 2009 - 02:03:46 CDT

Original text of this message