Re: Linux patching
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:28:24 +0800
I have a blog post for that. :)
As I have observed from the shops that we are servicing, there are "drivers" why they need to patch or upgrade. Below are some of them:
- You need to upgrade the firmware of your SAN environment that requires you to be in a specific OS version
- You need to upgrade the firmware of your HBA that needs a specific kernel version
- You need to upgrade your RAID controllerís firmware that requires you to be in a specific kernel or OS version
- Because the hardware/software vendorís certification matrix is stating that you need to be in a specific kernel or OS version to be on a certified configuration
- Because the security department has a policy that requires you to be on the up-to-date version
Yes, you need to relink your ORACLE_HOME if the libraries are updated. If you're on a RAC environment, no need to relink CRS_HOME.
- Karl Arao http://karlarao.wordpress.com
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Li Li<litanli_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, List,
> How does you shop handle Linux patches? do you patch at all? if you
> do, how often do you patch it? Do you need to relink oracle library
> after patching linux?
> Any information would be greatly appreciated it!