Actually PGA allocated > PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET ?

From: Jiang, Lu <Lu.Jiang_at_umassmed.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:56:22 -0400

Hi all,

The following is my query result against v$pgastat view. PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is set to 1G. According to Oracle' documentation, Oracle should attempts to keep the amount of private memory below the PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET specified. But from the following it looks Oracle allocated 1.2G PGA memory, and the maximum PGA allocated is 1.3GB which is far above 1G (PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET), I am confused. Could anyone share some light on this?

aggregate PGA target parameter

1,073,741,824.00

bytes

aggregate PGA auto target