RE: 11g deprecated parameter standby_archive_dest

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:05:25 -0400

Don,

        Well it along with LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST have both died in 11G although they were not recommended in 10g either. Log_archive_dest_n was "preferred" mainly because of the increased functionality that was included in them. Things like location vs. service, and valid_for.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International