RE: ** imp using multiple compressed exp dump files

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:35:22 -0400

For what its worth, when I used to do this, I would export to an export_file, and the ksh script would then cat the export_file | rsh to a destination_file (the pipe), (HP-UX 64bit). Import would import the destination_file, (the pipe).

Export needed to start first as I recall, then import can start, and then they both ran simultaneiously.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546