looking for book/articles on oracle physical IO outside the database

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:18:47 -0400

I am not looking for an oracle book or article. I don't think I know enough about what happens after oracle makes a readv() call to either memory or to disk and i am having lingo issues with SAs.

does anyone know any good books that explain what happens in the stack when oracle makes a physical IO (readv OS call) going down to the disk. There is a stack involved in getting to the SAN.

This can include multiple books include SAN books or articles. I don't want to be an expert, but my knowledge is lacking and its getting really annoying...

Plus any other SA admin books you might recommend. This is for Linux/Unix environments on a SAN or Netapp. The list can be long.. I'll probably read/skim most of them.