Running Oracle 11g on a tablet

From: Teehan, Mark <mark.teehan_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:27:54 +0800

Sorry that this is a little off-topic, but I wanted to get opinions on running oracle on a laptop.

I will use it for conducting occasional (overhead projected) training sessions running sqlplus on 11g; as well as browsing pdf's of documentation and eBooks, and APEX development using firefox. I don't see a need to run vmware and linux as long as it is stable on windows. As I spend more and more time browsing blogs, I think a tablet is a better option for easier one-handed browsing in cafes, on a bus, on the plane etc.

Being a windows neophyte I have no idea how they cope with grinding 11g plsql blocks demonstrating analytic functions. Performance is not a major concern; as long as it is stable it will do just fine. Portability is a big deal, I don't want to end up leaving it at home because it is too bulky or heavy. Does anyone run 11g on a tablet; any regrets; recommendations?

Thanks!
Mark Teehan, Singapore