RE: DBMS_OUTPUT changing spaces to tabs

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:06:39 -0400

Have you checked the contents of the glogin.sql and login.sql files? (Are you in fact invoking the PL/SQL block via sqlplus?)

Now I've mentioned both glogin and login and that might seem strange. But if memory serves, it is possible due to permissions that oracle can read glogin while dherri cannot. Of course each account might have its own login.sql, or a login.sql found via $SQLPATH. Normally glogin.sql should be readable by the universe at a findable location, and it gets done first. JL has an FAQ posting on this I haven't read, but if my short memory tickler is insufficient it is likely his FAQ is both precise and accurate, and it is likely more digestible than the very fine manual.

Good luck,

mwf