Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:11:59 -0400

Follow up on my own post, I went into OEM and told it to verify configuration, it did a switch and applied the changes, the saga continues.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional (Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
To:
Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Cc:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
08/04/2009 12:01 PM
Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Martin, yes a log file switch moves the log to the standby, applies it, but I don't see the specific change I made on the primary, what you're guessing is what I thought also, no real-time applies implies archive log apply. But it doesn't seem to be working that way.

thanks joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional (Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
To:
TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
Cc:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
08/04/2009 11:58 AM
Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug

Hi Joe,

TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com schrieb:
> Here is parameter on primary:
>
> log_archive_dest_2 string service="testdg2", LGWR

> ASY
> NC NOAFFIRM delay=1
> OPTIONAL c
> ompression=DISABLE
> max_failure
> =0 max_connections=1
> reopen=
> 300
> db_unique_name="testdg2" n
> et_timeout=30
> valid_for=(onli
> ne_logfile,primary_role)

Did you check the frequency of log archiving against your 50-minute-delay?

What happens if you ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE manually, does it catch up then?

Because one explanation that buzzes up and down my head says: "If you delay on primary, you are not in real time apply anymore, you are on archiver log shipping now."

Regards
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de