Re: View Creation

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:09:26 -0700 (PDT)

Does she have privileges through a role or direct grants?

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-) http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf

From: "SHEEHAN, JEREMY" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:30:41 PM Subject: RE: View Creation

I've got a question in View creation and I think it has to do with permissions on the base tables.

I've got a user who is trying to create a view on another user's schema, but is unable to. She can select on the tables with no problem, but when she goes to create the view she gets an 'insufficient privileges' error. Does she need select with admin option on the tables in question?

Thanks guru's!

Jeremy