Re: changing init.ora and spfile

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:08 -0500

I suppose that will work. I typically just stage them vi 'ALTER SYSTEM SET <parameter_name> = <value SCOPE=SPFILE'however, maybe you are worried someone else comes along and changes the spfile? You could just create the pfile and then create the new spfile right away (as a different name). Then, when it is time to restart shutdown immediate
cp spfilenew.ora spfile<SID>.ora
startup

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,