RE: RMAN Catalog ops slow

From: Crisler, Jon <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:12:28 -0400

You probably want to run dbms_stats with a gather_fixed_stats - Like Nail said there are some performance issues with RMAN, Export, Expdp etc. - if your high-cpu queries show a lot of selects against $HIST_HEAD then this can help.

We run this as a standard procedure, and it helps to stop / start the database although flushing the shared pool -might- help.

[] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:51 AM
Subject: RMAN Catalog ops slow

I am trying to delete about 8000 expired objects in rman and, well I waited a day and it still hasnt finished! Is my catalog sick?
Oracle 10g Linux

Howard A. Latham