Re: Components of Grid Control in "Unknown State"

From: Subodh Deshpande <subodh_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

hi chiris,
my usual observation is if the agent is down then you may get metric collection error for the concerned object you are monitoring. and thanks for yours and Niall's suggestion that it can be web cache or emd.properties file issue :)

thanks and take care..subodh

  • Original Message ---- From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com> To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>; Oracle L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, 28 July, 2009 22:39:13 Subject: RE: Components of Grid Control in "Unknown State"

I figured it out, but not entirely sure what the actual problem was.

It appears that the error was with the Web Cache component, and I found this metalink doc describing how to fix that piece.  After that, I restarted the individual components and all seems to be well.

372665.1 Unable to Administer Webcache from Application Server Control after Applying 10.1.0.5 Patchset

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.