Re: Components of Grid Control in "Unknown State"

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:54:26 +0100

What does the metric collection error screen say? In my experience this is usually due to one of: a mis configuration of the monitoring credentials, a firewall issue, the agent being down for a while and no longer uploading due to the limits in the emd.properties file, an oracle bug for a specific target type.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info