Re: GRID

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:49:22 +0100

The only real cost in implementing basic GC is that the repo needs a licensed db server to run on, as does your rman catalog if you use one. You are correct that most of the really useful features expose extra cost options,such as ash etc, but you still need to license those features anyway if you access them via sql or other tools. The only thing that I can think of as an exception to this is the notifications that are licenseable when utl_mail would do just fine.

On 7/28/09, Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Having found some features of OEM that dont work without Grid am I wrong in
> thinking GRID is an additional cost?
>

> --
> Howard A. Latham

Niall Litchfield